HARP YARD KINGTON
This is one of many fine buildings we’ve visited which could be converted into exhibition and water engineering research space for our charity.
However, this building goes to auction next week which doesn’t give our volunteers enough time to research the building’s requirements and meet up with the full team of conservationists and planners at Hereford City Planning Department concerned with the building’s future.
In the basement, original seed milling machinery stands silent as a reminder of its most recent use but it was built as a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel and opened its doors on 13th November 1829.
Now its future is on the line and it may even be declassified from Class 2 and demolished to make space for a far less grand development of inner town housing.
Sadly, buildings like this will never be built again and although it’s not a mill, it has the same look as our charity’s first home in 1978 at Aber Gwen Mill, Pencader, Carmarthenshire.